Friday 28 September 2012

Chatham Buck's Fizz

I have just learned that we here in Chatham, Kent have our own (less expensive!) variant of Buck's Fizz.

The original is (apparently) two parts orange juice to one part Champagne.

The Chatham version is half a glass of Lucozade on top of which is poured half a glass of Cava. I gather it's important that it is done that way round. The result is presumably 'stirred, not shaken'.

Hmm... I don't think I'll bother with it myself – actually I don't really fancy the original either – but offer it as a way for even the chavvy folk of my home area to participate in the idea at a more readily affordable cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.