Tuesday 16 October 2012

Nowrein Part 2

I am just back from a delicious (late) lunch at the newly-opened Nowrein Indian buffet restaurant I mentioned a few days ago. It really is very, very good – though I ought to mention that they can't yet take cards for payment (that facility is expected to be put in next week) so take some real money along – you won't need all that much anyway...

Especially bearing in mind that they are in competition with several long-established Indian eateries close by, and with the possible confusion of yet another such place that has also just opened this week, it is remarkable indeed that they have already served over 600 customers in just these few days. I hear that the word is getting around that this is the best in the area – something I already knew but locals probably did not, on the whole.

Their buffet varies from day to day, the owner confirmed to me in conversation today, and over a week covers the entirety of styles of main, side and starter dishes that one expects to encounter on a conventional Indian menu. Today, for example, there were four starters, plus puppadoms and chutneys, also Korma, Tikka Masala, Jalfrezi, Vindaloo and other main dishes that I don't recall offhand, along with at least five side dishes and three styles of rice.

The garlic mini-naans were a little dry for my taste, but were okay. Everything else was truly superb (and I'm a well-known fusspot!) and well up to the standard I have come to expect from this outfit.

My intention is to go there once a week if I am able and available; and at just under a fiver (from Thursday: half price meanwhile) for an eat-all-you-can buffet, it is not only affordable but, frankly, irresistible!

Nowrein Indian Buffet Restaurant, 74 High Street, Chatham, ME4 4DS. Tel: (01634) 400 450
Open noon to 11 pm every day, including Sundays and Bank Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.