Saturday 14 June 2014

Male Vocaloids

There is a natural tendency, at least by those not as deeply involved in the vocaloid world as some of us are, to gain the impression that they are nearly all female. In fact, although there are nearly three times as many females as males, the fellas number around twenty. Most people are probably aware of only Len, Kaito and Gakupo.

Here, mostly from memory, are the ones of whom I am aware, listed alphabetically, just to show that there really are that many...

  1. Big Al
  2. Bruno
  3. Gachapoid (a.k.a. Ryuto)
  4. Gakupo Kamui
  5. Kiyoteru Hiyama (Yuki Kaai's teacher)
  6. Kyo (Zola Project)
  7. Len
  8. Leon
  9. Lui Hibiki
  10. Oliver
  11. Piko Utatane
  12. Ritsu Namine
  13. Tonio
  14. Ueki-loid
  15. USee (a.k.a. SeeWoo)
  16. VY2 (codename: Yuma)
  17. Wil (Zola Project)
  18. Yohioloid
  19. Yuu (Zola Project)

I think I have missed one, because when I did this as a mental exercise a week or so ago, I counted nineteen and there's a new one in the above list so there ought to be twenty, I think. If I think of him, I add him as an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.